[Zope] Need some help to get rid of an InvalidObjectReference exception

chaouche yacine yacinechaouche at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 14:40:25 EDT 2008

 > Yes this could be dangerous, but in my case these volatile
> attributes need not to be in the cache for a very long time,
> it's just a matter of 3 or 4 clicks in about half a
> dozen of minutes. But yeah, I'll really have to be
> careful about that, or to recreate them if they're gone
> (hence the setattr and getattr to make sure there's
> something in self._v_something and create one  if
> there's not)

Ok, I changed my mind again ^_^. Volatile attributes are shared across multiple sessions, which is not acceptable for my application.

So here's what I cam up with :
* 1 : Do not store references to a ZODBish object into a non ZODBish object
* And 2 : just pass the context as a parameter to all the non-ZODBish methods that need it. I Tried to avoid this in the first place (hence storing it as an attribute), but putting them in the session broke everything.

Cheers.