[Zope] Writing a testcase for a Plone 2.5 product - ztc.installPackage isn't available

Israel Saeta Pérez dukebody at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 14:31:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> Israel Saeta Pérez wrote at 2008-8-23 18:57 +0200:
>>My question is:
>> Is possible to install eggified products in zope-2.9.8 using ZopeTestCase?
>
> I think that eggified products are automatically recognized
> only with Zope 2.11 -- even in standard (non test) operation.

As far as I'm concerned, "Proffessional Plone Development" by Martin
Aspeli shows how to setup testing cases for eggified products using
Zope 2.10.

Martin told me that, because of the way eggs are installed before Zope
2.10 using Five, only eggified products belonging to the magic
Products.* namespace work properly with ZopeTestCase and ZEO, so I
decided to change the name my product to something like
"Products.MyProduct" and now I'm able to test it successfully.

Thanks anyways.

--
Israel Saeta Pérez
http://dukebody.com