[Zope] google gdata External Method doesn't work script does

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Feb 5 14:18:59 EST 2008

Thomas Bennett wrote at 2008-2-4 10:33 -0500:
>Traceback (innermost last):
>Module /var/zope/Extensions/gdata_add2_421.py, line 59, in add2google421
>Module gdata.service, line 289, in ProgrammaticLogin
>Module httplib, line 798, in endheaders
>Module httplib, line 679, in _send_output
>Module httplib, line 646, in send
>Module httplib, line 1073, in connect
>Module socket, line 74, in ssl
>TypeError: ssl() argument 1 must be _socket.socket, not _socketobject
>

>Below is my script with logins and passwords changed
>public view here.  When I use it as an External Method
>I have a "def add2gcal(self):" and indent everything 2
>spaces.
>
>***************************Script
>calendar_id="YOUR ID HERE"
>calendar_service = gdata.calendar.service.CalendarService()
>calendar_service.email = 'my_email at my.server'
>calendar_service.password = 'my_password'
>calendar_service.source = 'My Calendar'
>calendar_service.ProgrammaticLogin()

I fear this is a difficult problem.

It looks like a problem local to "httplib" (the sockets used by
"httplib" are created only by "httplib" itself).
On the other hand, it is unclear why "httplib" should have
problems with its sockets.

As with all difficult problems, the help of a debugger may be necessary....

--
Dieter