[Zope] Character display issues upgrading 2.8.8 to 2.9.8

John Schinnerer john at eco-living.net
Thu Feb 7 03:23:42 EST 2008

Aloha,

Andreas Jung wrote:
> --On 6. Februar 2008 21:21:42 -1000 John Schinnerer
> <john at eco-living.net> wrote:
>
>> Aloha,
>>
>> I am in the process of moving from zope 2.8.8 to zope 2.9.8 (running on
>> debian 4.0).
>
> Why not 2.10 or 2.11?

The zope instance also supports some plone 2.5.x sites.
Complete upgrade needs to be zope 2.8.8 to 2.9.8 and plone 2.5.0 to 2.5.5.
I have installed the new versions using the unified installer. Does that
make this impossible?
Should I just move this whole question to plone list?
I started it here because I'm having only this one zope problem so far...

>> I am transferring individual zope sites from 2.8.8 instance to 2.9.8
>> instance via export/import. So far everything is fine except...
>
> ..which is basically unsupported since source and destination system run
> different Zope versions.

Well, it worked last time from 2.7.x to 2.8.x. Not so lucky time I guess.

Anyone else have pointers to what I need to know?

When I search zope.org for "upgrade zope" the only relevant article on
the first three pages of results was last updated in August 2003 and is
useless. Google doesn't get me anything much better. There is no upgrade
information on or linked from the zope 2.9.8 release pages. I found some
generic info on the zope wiki finally, however of course it doesn't
cover plone upgrades.

thanks,
John S.

--