[Zope] When to use a relational database

Jaroslav Lukesh lukesh at seznam.cz
Thu Feb 7 16:40:14 EST 2008

JAvascript nor CSS cannot be dynamically generated from ZPT. ZPT is thing
for HTML and XML only. But with DTML you able to generate any binary data,
same as with python script or external method.

Please read archives few months back, here are many discussions about DTML
vs. ZPT.

In shorthand - ZPT is academic and Zope core developers language due some
ideas about extralarge projects like CNN which are sublimed in normal
praxis.

DTML is faster to learn, faster to run, in shorthand is better than ZPT.

FOr speed recignition, here are this mix of 1:4:10 from time of Zope 2.5.1:

products or ext. methods are the fastest. DTML is 4-times slower and ZPT is
10 times slower. Python script are slightly slower than products.

It is in general of course, real situations may vary.

JL.