[Zope] zcatalog, brains & keywordIndex

Stefano Guglia sguglia at arrows.it
Mon Feb 25 06:00:24 EST 2008

> You are trying to *index* rows returned from a ZSQL operation.
> This make no sense. As said: ZCatalog is designed to deal with
> persistent objects (the things you see within your ZODB hierarchy within
> the ZMI). And why do you want to index stuff within Zope if you can perform
> the search directly within your database!? This makes absolutely no sense
> what you're trying to do. At least the implementation approach is broken by
> design.
>
> -aj

because I need data to be searched thru standard zope/plone search tools
(zcatalog - quick search form etc.) by users and search engines and this
can be done only by 'translating' queries into persistent objects. If I
understand well, brains are there just for this purpose. I'm just a
beginner in zope, so please let me know if there are more effective ways
to do that.