[Zope] Re: Zope Digest, Vol 45, Issue 25

Garito garito at sistes.net
Thu Feb 28 18:35:22 EST 2008

I can understand Yuri
Zope uses the tree to run and the filesystem is a tree

When I'm developing Yanged (my Zope project) I think about that. I would
like to create a version of Zope with the most essential parts:
the traverse way
the adquisition
in an apache module (and apache of course)
the filesystem as object data base
and Zope Smart Manager as ZMI

Yanged will be some day this with a couple more rules and that's all: a
Plone (+Zope) like product server with 1000 lines of code

Do you imagine how much lines of code will save if we try to reduce them in
our projects instead of add more features?

In my opinion the present hardware will fly with this kind of work or, if we
make the same with the hardware our computers will spend a minimal part of
energy but we prefer to grow in comparison with the last year... (crazy
world!)

2008/2/28, Tim Nash <thedagdae at gmail.com>:

> Sure, zope products. But what does it mean to be a zope site without
> ZODB? There are ZPT implementations separate from ZODB.
> Subversion, grep, sed, whole code changes are all possible with zope 2.
>

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Yuri <yurj at alfa.it> wrote:
> > zope-request at zope.org wrote:
> >  >>  I want to be able to have a zope site entirely in the file system
> with
> >  >>  no ZODB, so I can keep it in subversion, and use normal things like
> >  >>  grep, patch and sed to apply changes to the whole codebase.
> >  >>
> >  >
> >  > You can do this with zope 2 but you can also allow user customization
> >  > that you can later migrate in to the filesystem code.
> >  >

> >   Really??

Mis Cosas
http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito