[Zope] Re: Ask for collaboration

Garito garito at sistes.net
Thu Jan 3 13:08:41 EST 2008

Sorry, Tres, for the private (the stupid gmail reply)
I resend the message to the list (sorry again!)

2008/1/3, Garito <garito at sistes.net>:

> 2008/1/3, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com>:

> > Garito wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > > I plan to create a product I call Zope Smart Manager that consist in a
> > view
> > > similar to freemind for Zope
> > > You could see a picture of my prototype here:
> > > http://blogs.sistes.net/Garito/images/ArbolYanged.png
> >
> > While I can see visual differences, how does this tree behave
> > differently than the one which the ZMI shows?

 Well, it shows (or will show) not only collection objects, it shows simple
item objects and properties (the data we change normally) and it will edit
directly its values, rename objects and so on

> The idea is create a series of monkey patches to all the products we are
> > > interested to see as tree nodes and a series of javascript (prototype
> > +
> > > scriptaculous) for the "client side"
> > >
> > > I plan this ZSM view will be my main work view with edition and
> > creation
> > >
> > > For that I need some help about how to create the simplest monkey
> > patch and
> > > the javascript objects
> >
> > I don't know why you think you need to moneky-patch anything:  you
> > should be able to create such a view using the standard API supplied by
> > pretty much every existing Zope object.  The ZMI tree code is here:
> >
> >   $ZOPE_HOME/lib/python/TreeDisplay/TreeTag.py

I would like to create a very generic javascript objects useful even with
other servers not only Zope