[Zope] Using md5 with allow_module

Running Clam running.clam at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 03:27:08 EST 2008

Hi Andreas,

On 1/8/08, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> > Enough people have struggled with this that I'd like to understand it
> > well enough to add something to the wiki for the next person who has
> > the problem...
>
> There is an intriguing comment at the end of the page:
>
> <http://wiki.zope.org/zope2/HowToAddModulesToRestrictedCode>

Yes, I saw that.

I've been in this situation a couple of times before, and have not
pursued the "allow_modules()" option because it was simple enough to
create an external method. However, this "seemed" like a nice simple
case where allow_modules() "should" work, so I wanted to get to the
bottom of it and understand my previous problems.

>From what you say, the most useful comment I could add to the wiki
would be to quote your original response that "allow_module() does not
work with all and everything" and add my own conclusion that if
allow_module() does not work in a given case it is not worth spending
much troubleshooting time on.

I'm happy to accept your advice that allow_modules() simply won't work
in all cases - but that's the advice I wish I'd found in the wiki 24
hours ago...

--

Cheers,

Philip