[Zope] Zope ZMI Templates

Tim Nash thedagdae at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 10:17:42 EST 2008

Tom,
  Thanks but I think I am almost done. I have replaced the old <style>
calls with id="Find" id="Properties" etc. by access the sequence. Then
I added css code at the top of that same file (I think it is
manage_tabs.dtml, I'm not on that computer right now). So now I can
format the tabs anyway I want. There is also a little bit of
javascript that checks window.parent.location and applies changes to
the tabs if the user hasn't logged into the base directory.(only
available to the admin).

My thinking is that the zmi is battle tested. I'd rather use something
that many people have already been using. Plus, from my perspective,
it looks to me like the zmi just needs a little updating.
Incorporating style sheets, etc. and it can have a new life.

zope 3 people:  zope zmi, dtml are fast and really useful, please
don't toss these valuable tools!