[Zope] Cant access 'real' root folder in ZMI

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Jan 30 13:46:50 EST 2008

u4302283 at anu.edu.au wrote at 2008-1-30 14:07 +1100:
>I recently installed plone 3 on a RHEL 5 server and did some mucking around to get apache working with it. I mostly followed the 'apache-with-plone' tutotial on plone.org to do this. The way it is currently set is as follows:
>
>-  Plone and zope installed on my server ( eg serverA or 10.10.10.1) running on port 8080
>-  DNS set to point www.me.com to serverA
>-  Apache set to ProxyPass requests from "me.com:80" to "localhost:8080" (I followed the turtorial mentioned above)
>-  My Plone site accessable from either serverA:8080 or www.me.com
>
>However, both these methods lead me straight to the plone website, not to the "Zope Quick Start" page and while i can access the ZMI from plone, serverA:8080/manage or www.me.com/managae, the root folder shown there is the plone site's root folder.

You should ask Plone related questions on the Plone mailing list.

The magic you see is the effect of an "AccessRule" -- installed
by Plone.
I hate this kind of magic and my first activity has been to
get rid of it. AccessRules can be disabled by an envvar.
Then, you can access the Zope Root Folder. You can then see the AccessRule
and delete it.

I forgot the name of the envvar. Looks at the code.

--
Dieter