[Zope] Cant access 'real' root folder in ZMI

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Thu Jan 31 07:28:36 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008 4:07 AM,  <u4302283 at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> However, both these methods lead me straight to the plone website, not to
> the "Zope Quick Start" page and while i can access the ZMI from plone,
> serverA:8080/manage or www.me.com/managae, the root folder shown there is
> the plone site's root folder.
>
> Even when i stop apache and access through servera:8080 i still get the
> plone site.

Sounds like either an AccessRule or the VirtualHostMonster (VHM) is
putting you into Plone directly.

You can disable both AccessRules and the VHM by an environment
variable or with a URL path element:

- set the SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE environment var

- add _SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE  to your URL.

So http://servera:8080/_SUPPRESS_ACCESSRULE should solve this for you;
double check your VHM configuration if this works, it should be empty.

--
Martijn Pieters