[Zope] VirtualHostMonster: access to all content in instance

Jonas Meurer jonas at freesources.org
Fri Jul 4 09:20:37 EDT 2008

Hey Andrew,

thanks for your fast reply.

On 04/07/2008 Andrew Milton wrote:
> | Is this a known issue? I consider that as a quite serious bug, as both
> | project1 and project3 might be private and should not be published over
> | the globally available apache rewriterule.
>
> Welcome to Acquisition 101.
>
> This is known behaviour, and in fact for most of us *wanted* behaviour.
> You will have to restructure your Zope to avoid this, or set appropriate
> permissions and acl_users to avoid cross-contamination of the sites.

Oh, too bad ...

How to deal with that '*wanted* behaviour' if I do have several public
projects on the same zope instance but don't want all of them being
accessible through the domain of every other project? For example two
competing projects/organisations might be hosted on one and the same
zope instance, and for sure project 'red' would hate it to make project
'green' available through their domain via http://www.red.org/green.

greetings,
 jonas