[Zope] Deployment Best Practices?

Jeff McNeil jeff at jmcneil.net
Fri Jul 11 10:57:17 EDT 2008

I'm in the process of attempting to migrate a fairly large scale
internal XMLRPC system over to Zope. The current system is all custom.
That provides for a lot of internal code that we really don't need to
be managing.

I'm looking for best practices and approaches to deploying Zope 3
instances and a backend ZEO server to share the data.  I don't think
I've seen it covered anywhere. I've seen it documented from the Zope 2
perspective (both old school and via buildout recipes). It seems this
would be a fairly common configuration.

Is this stuff covered anywhere? I've been hitting Google up for the
last hour or so and I can't seem to find any documentation on
deployment and update methodologies.

Thanks!