[Zope] Unrestricted threads

Eric Bréhault ebrehault at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 13:43:30 EDT 2008

Hello Thierry,

To schedule cron-like tasks on Zope, I use ZpCron:
http://www.zope.org/Members/janik/ZpCron

It works pretty fine (well, as far as you do not use ZEO) and it
allows to define the user you want to use to run such or such task,
and the Zope security mechanisms are applied just like if the user had
run the task himself.

Normally, the user is supposed to be in the Zope root acl_users, but a
colleague of mine had proposed a patch (which is published in beta
080314) which allows to use a user define the path of the acl_users
you want to use.

Regards,

--
Eric BREHAULT