[Zope] Re: Problems with buildout and zope.interface

Christian Scholz cs at comlounge.net
Fri Jul 25 08:50:55 EDT 2008

Baiju M wrote:
> Christian Scholz wrote:
>>  Daniel Nouri wrote:
>>

>> > The solution to this one is quite simple: Use virtualenv with
>> > --no-site-packages and then use bin/python to run bootstrap.py
>>
>>  Ok, thanks. How do I deploy such a thing? I guess virtualenv then has
>>  to run by the one setting up his development sandbox? What files
>>  can/need to be in subversion? (I never used virtualenv before, only
>>  buildout).
>>
>>  So my main question is probably: Is there a way to automate the
>>  process of installing and running virtualenv similar to what
>>  bootstrap.py does for buildout so that people do not need to care
>>  about the virtualenv part?
>
> Use a clean custom built Python.

I myself am using this but the opinion of the rest of the group is that
it should be as easy as possible to get going without the need to
compile custom Pythons etc. I actually second this because losing
potential co-developers directly at the beginning would be bad.
(I think this is also one the ideas behind buildout: To make setting
these things up as easy as possible).

So maybe there is a way to solve this :)

-- Christian

--
Christian Scholz                         video blog: http://comlounge.tv
COM.lounge                                   blog: http://mrtopf.de/blog
Tel: +49 241 400 730 0                           E-Mail cs at comlounge.net
Fax: +49 241 979 00 850                               IRC: MrTopf, Tao_T

neue Show: TOPFtäglich (http://mrtopf.de/blog/category/topf-taglich/)