[Zope] acl_users folder > 25000

Kees de Brabander cj.de.brabander at hccnet.nl
Tue Jun 3 10:04:34 EDT 2008

  _____

Van: Martijn Jacobs [mailto:martijn at fourdigits.nl]
Verzonden: dinsdag 3 juni 2008 15:57
Aan: Kees de Brabander
CC: zope at zope.org
Onderwerp: Re: [Zope] acl_users folder > 25000

Kees de Brabander wrote:

A client of mine wants a site that is only accessible for members. However,
there are more than 25000 members. Are there any reasons that would make it
unwise to populate an ordinary acl_users folder with such a number of user
accounts?
If so, what other options do I have?

If it's possible to use a existing userdatabase or authentication source I
would prefer to use that. With
<http://www.zope.org/Products/PluggableAuthService/>
http://www.zope.org/Products/PluggableAuthService/ it's very easy to let
zope authenticate against any kind of database or source (including
MySQL/LDAP etc). And if it's a custom source it's not difficult to write
your own authentication plugin.

Where and how are these accounts stored now? LDAD/ADS or something else?

I have no idea.
I have been looking at the PAS, but did not find to much documentation on
it.
Would it be possible to use a database that my client does maintain?

cb