[Zope] Re: acl_users folder > 25000

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Fri Jun 6 03:51:17 EDT 2008

Kees de Brabander skrev:
> A client of mine wants a site that is only accessible for members. However,
> there are more than 25000 members. Are there any reasons that would make it
> unwise to populate an ordinary acl_users folder with such a number of user
> accounts?

Have you tried to just generate 25K users in an empty site and see what
happens? It should take 15 about minutes to set up and write the code.

Members are stored in a dict, and the ZODB. They should be plenty fast.

Last week I wrote a tool that imported 10K lines of data from a csv file
as dicts. It took about 2 seconds to read them from disk and save them
in the ZODB. That is comparable.

Perhaps you don't have a problem?

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark