[Zope] Writing a file in ZMI using python script

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Tue Jun 10 07:12:53 EDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kedar Dash" <kedar.dash at oneworld.net>
To: <Zope at zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:58 AM
Subject: [Zope] Writing a file in ZMI using python script

> HI All,
>
> How can i create a file in ZMI using python script (It is working fine
> with python external method). Here I want to write the output of a query
> to a file in ZMI.

If your use case requires 'snapshots' of the data at various times, then you
have some options for saving the results:

1- use an external method to write the results to the filesystem
2- use EXTFILE
3- save the results in a DTML Document
4- save the results in a property field on a folder
5- build your own Product

(don't you just love Zope... more ways to solve a problem than anyone could
hope for!)

If, as was already mentioned, you don't need to retain snapshots of the
data, then just call your script/template to build/display the results as
and when they are required.

Jonathan