[Zope] REMOTE_ADDR passed through when proxying

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Wed Jun 11 12:48:24 EDT 2008

2008/6/11 Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com>:

> --On 11. Juni 2008 17:34:27 +0100 Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com> wrote:
>
>> Since apache sits in front of Zope, the REMOTE_ADDR header always
>> becomes '127.0.0.1' not the IP address of the actual client
>> connecting.
>> What do I need to do to get this passed on to Zope.
>

> trusted-proxies within zope.conf?
Yeah. Got that.
It's set to the IP and the domain name used like the example shows.

In fact, I'm deploying a site in Ubuntu that was originally deployed
with FreeBSD and I've copied "everything"! (Putting it in quotes
because I can't be 101% certain plus certain things should be copied).
On the FreeBSD the apache was compiled from source (long before I
arrived).

Besides, the IP addres IS passed but under HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR but I
think the Domain part of acl_users relies on REMOTE_ADDR

--
Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com