[Zope] Index Problem - Index randomly breaks/changes

Ryan Smith rsmith985 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 10:18:27 EST 2008

Posted this to the Plone Mailing-list, but this is more of a problem I
am having with Zope.  There will be additional information here -
http://www.nabble.com/Indexing-Bug---Index-changes-and-is-not-always-correct.-td15830136s6742.html

Basically the problem I am having is that I create an index, but
sometimes this index changes and is incorrect.

To test this I would constantly click the 'Clear and Rebuild' button
under the Advanced Tab.
Then I would browse my index under the Indexes tab.

After repeating this many many times, I would get 2 different results
for my index (1 correct, the other completely wrong). I didn't change
anything else, I just kept clicking rebuild.

I noticed something interesting in my debugging window.
All rebuilds that resulted in a correct index had this -
DEBUG txn.-1223402608 commit <Connection at 0b5a01ec>
All rebuilds that resulted in an incorrect index had this -
DEBUG txn.-1244382320 commit <Connection at 0965020c>

Something different is being done, I'm just not sure what or why.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening or where I should look to
fix this would be greatly appreciated.