[Zope] catching exceptions in zpt

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue Mar 11 01:19:22 EDT 2008

--On 10. März 2008 13:55:27 -0700 David Bear <david.bear at asu.edu> wrote:

> I'm trying to do something like this in a zpt

> nothing" />

Please don't invent new syntax (you're mixing Python and TALES
expressions). First 'global' variable definitions
are usually not needed and considered bad. Use nested scopes instead (as we
all do). Second, a tal:condition="request/target | nothing" allows you to
to call the block only if target is present within the request. Third you
might use getattr(request, 'target', 'default_target') in order to call
myscript() with a reasonable default value as needed or use something like
this:

< meta tal:define="t request/target | string:default_target;
                   target python: context.myscript(t);
                   " />

-aj