[Zope] queryCatalog API?

James Robertson james at 3months.com
Tue Mar 18 15:25:49 EDT 2008

Thanks Andreas

I (mistakenly?) thought the Plone queryCatalog method simply wrapped a
Zope method.

Anyway, Martin Aspeli has since explained it as:
"
The API is just that it takes a dict or keyword arguments that
correspond to catalog indexes (which you can see in portal_catalog in
the ZMI) and values.
" - http://www.nabble.com/queryCatalog-API--to16112195s6742.html#a16119584

Also, another colleague, Tim Knapp, has suggested:
"
Within your tal code you can do something like:

Easiest way to find out what's available to you in the portal_catalog is
to browse to it in the ZMI and click on the 'catalog' tab iirc and then
click on an object in the catalogued items and see what's currently
indexed for it. BTW indexedMethod will be whatever the index is called
for your indexed field.
"

Regards
James Robertson