[Zope] problem migrating ZClasses from Zope 2.6.1 to Zope 2.9.8

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Mar 26 11:30:55 EDT 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 16:19 , Yuri wrote:

>> IMHO you're not investing your time wisely trying to make a ZClas
>> application work on a later Zope version. They're unsupported and
>> dead. I would keep the old setup running and spend time on
>> recreating  the ZClass product functionality as a real Zope
>> product, and then  create a script to migrate the old ZClass
>> instances over.
>
> Sure, but then I would switch totally to zope3 techs, at least.

Where you move from ZClasses is entirely up to you, of course.

> The point is, why a working envinroment in zope, don't works anymore
> just restarting zope?
>
> It seems a database corruption or something not written in the disk,
> so it is worth an investigation.
>
> All works, you restart, boom. Can't recover in any way.
>
> At least there's should not mentioned any fix in 2.9.8, if it does
> not works. It is time comsuming for nothing, and kills any love with
> Zope, imho.

What you're seeing is probably unrelated to whatever "fix" there is in
Zope 2.9.8. Even if you could prove that this is a new (or old
unfixed) bug you will probably have a hard time finding anyone fixing
it, because it's a bug in dead technology that no one wants to support
anymore.

jens