[Zope] centos

Garry Saddington garry at schoolteachers.co.uk
Tue May 13 03:14:05 EDT 2008

Does anyone have any experience running Zope on Centos 5. I have some Python
scripts which just will not work. They work on Windows, Ubuntu, and SuSe but
just don't do anything on Centos. I have tried various Zope 2.9.0 and
2.9.6-final, various psycopg connectors and Postgres 8.1 and 8.3.
Here is an example script that works everywhere except Centos(excuse email
formatting):

request=context.REQUEST
datefrom=request.datefrom
dateto=request.dateto
today = DateTime(datefrom)
end = DateTime(dateto)
auth=request.auth
year=request.year
while today <= end:
    for result in context.getstudentsbyyear(year=year):
        studentid=result.studentid
        if context.getday(today=today): #picks out non-weekend days only
               if context.checkholidays(today=today): #picks out holidays
                   pass
               else:

\\\\\\\\context.insertabsence(entered=today,auth=auth,studentid=studentid)

    today += 1
return "<b class=red>Absences entered</b>"

Any ideas because I am getting very frustrated here.
Regards
Garry