[Zope] ZODB reverts to older state after ZEO restart

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri May 16 15:52:42 EDT 2008

dvs wrote at 2008-5-16 07:36 -0700:

>Recently we restarted our zeo server and immediately noticed
>that we are missing good bit of recently added content. We seemed
>to have reverted back to a specific date in the past. All content
>updates since have disappeared.

This usually means that you moved or deleted your storage file
while ZEO was running.

Under *nix, processes that have a file open when it is moved or deleted
continue to operate on this file and not a potentially new file
at the original place.
However, a newly started process will the the new state and use
such a new file.

If you are lucky, the storage file was moved and you still
know the moved to location. Then, you find all your current state
in this file. Otherwise, your chances are bad....

--
Dieter