[Zope] change password through script messes up session

Thibaud Morel l'Horset teebes at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 21:48:20 EDT 2008

Hello all,

  I'm trying to write a piece of code that just changes the password of a
user as they are logged in. This is in a Script(Python). I'm using PAS and
CookieCrumbler and the code is as follows:
container.acl_users.users.manage_updateUserPassword(user['id'],password,password)

  This does work and change the password, however what happens then is
anytime I try to access a resource that I could view prior to changing the
password, I get a basic pop-up auth login prompt (even though I'm using
CookieCrumbler), and entering the new creds doesn't work. If I logout
through the login/logout link and log back in with the web form, everything
is fine (and the new creds do work then).

  Here is the error that's thrown in the logs:

Traceback (innermost last):
  Module ZPublisher.BaseRequest, line 468, in traverse
  Module ZPublisher.HTTPResponse, line 687, in unauthorized

Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this resource.</strong>

  So basically, I can't access any protected object until I log out and log
back in.

  Anyone have any insight here? I've been trying to read the Plone source
code to figure out how they do it but I can't get their code to work... I've
been searching around for an answer to this all weekend but can't find
anything :(

  Thanks for the help,

- Teebes