[Zope] Zope 2.x for Py 2.6 as 64 bit Windows application?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Oct 12 11:00:43 EDT 2008

martin.gfeller at comit.ch wrote:
> We're contemplating the move of our Zope 2.x application to 64-bit Windows.
> We rely on a few add-on packages, notably PyWin, which has 64-bit support for
> Py 2.6 only.
>
> I'd be grateful for a rough idea on when there could be a Zope 2.x release
> working with Python 2.6 as a 64-bit Windows application.

We have no roadmap for this. Currently Zope doesn't run on Python 2.5
yet as Chris pointed out. That said, the GSoC porting project has made
progress on the "gsoc-python-2.5" branch and I think it runs Python 2.5
without any problems (but I might be wrong). Furthermore, Sidnei got
this branch running on Python 2.6 now, albeit in an experimental status.

If you have the need for this stuff to land, it would be a good idea to
help out Sidnei and his crew. I have no idea what's holding up the
Python 2.5 work to land, certainly it can't be that much more work to
make it ready for trunk.