[Zope] Iowa Python User's Group Meeting (November 3rd)

Mike Driscoll mdriscoll at co.marshall.ia.us
Sun Oct 26 15:12:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

The next Iowa Python Users Group (AKA Pyowa) is nearly upon us. We will be meeting November 3rd, from 7-9 p.m. at the following location:

Marshall County Sheriff's Office
2369 Jessup Ave
Marshalltown, IA 50158

At this meeting, we will be having a Crash Course of sorts for all the new programmers in our group. As anyone who has ever taken a programming course know, it is impossible to teach everything in two hours, so we'll be focusing on tools that will allow our group to help themselves. In other words, we'll be focusing on source code analysis techniques like introspection and how to use IDLE effectively. There will also be a presentation on basic GUI design and also Django.

We will have 8 laptops there to use for any new people, pre-loaded with Python 2.5.2 and any additional packages we need for our presentations. You are welcome to bring your own laptop if you want. Be sure to have 2.5 on yours as well as wxPython and the PyWin32 package (if you use Windows). We will have them on USB flash drives should you forget.

Free pop and bottled water will be provided.  Questions and comments can be directed to mike [at] pythonlibrary [dot] org. Updates can be found at http://www.ipug.pythonlibrary.org

Mike Driscoll

Blog:   http://blog.pythonlibrary.org
Python Extension Building Network:     http://www.pythonlibrary.org