[Zope] kill user Session

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Wed Sep 17 09:28:54 EDT 2008

vaibhav pol wrote:
> Dear all,
>           I create logout page in my site when user want to logout it
> will submit the page  of page submit i called "manage_zmi_logout"
> function . which promt me for again  login user name password window i
> want redirect  user to login page  but  if redirect  whiout calling
> "manage_zmi_logout" function user not actualy logout from zope is any
> other way to kill user session  please tell me.

Is there a question somewhere?

Looks like you are trying to log out a "basic auth". This is not
really possible - the protocol has nothing to support it.
What zope does is using a dirty trick - most browsers expire
sending the auth header when they get a 401 response (look up your
copy of rfc2616).

What you probably want is to use a cookie based authorization.

Did you already explore zope PAS?

Cheers
Tino