[Zope] how suppress http based authentication window of zope

Behrens, Matt Matt.Behrens at Kohler.Com
Fri Sep 19 10:24:59 EDT 2008

Josef Meile wrote:

> Ah, you are log in into the zmi. I thoght that you were
> talking about non manager users accessing a protected zope
> content. For this case the CookieCrumbler logout form will
> work. Well, then I guess you will have to close the browser.
> I don't know any other solution.

On our site, using XUF, I created a local product which monkey-patched
the ZMI's top frame.

The relevant section in __init__.py in that product looks like this:

from App.Management import Navigation
Navigation.manage_top_frame=DTMLFile('dtml/manage_top_frame', globals())

There is a 'dtml' folder in that product that contains
'manage_top_frame.dtml' which is the same as
'lib/python/App/dtml/manage_top_frame.dtml' except that I replaced the
select box with a few links, including a Logout link that goes to the
XUF logout page.