[Zope] A question about __setstate__ in Shared/DC/ZRDB/Connection.py

Marco Bizzarri marco.bizzarri at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 02:41:16 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de> wrote:
> Marco Bizzarri wrote at 2008-9-19 09:23 +0200:
>>I assume therefore that the ZPsycopgDA object has been "ghostified",
>>during the transaction. But this "assumption" is not supported by any
>>evidence. In particular, it is not supported by my knowledge of the
>>internal behaviour of ZODB on objects during a single transaction.
>>
>>Can anyone provide suggestion on this topic?
>
> Cache garbage collection can happen at savepoint time.
> Then, volatile attributes can be lost.
>
> There is an age old proposal
> "http://wiki.zope.org/ZODB/VolatileAttributeLifetimeGarantee"
> which would allow to avoid this problem.
>
> As we use this feature since ages in our local Zope/ZODB
> version, I could provide an implementing patch (for ZODB 3.8).
>

> --
> Dieter

I'm working right now with Zope 2.8, which I don't think is running on
that version of ZODB; is is possible to backport such patch to Zope
2.8? I'm not asking to do the work, I'm just asking if, in theory, it
is possible to do it, or if it relies on something which has been
introduced in new releases of ZODB.

Regards
Marco

--