[Zope] which platform independent database?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Sep 24 03:01:25 EDT 2008

--On 24. September 2008 08:02:23 +0200 Jaroslav Lukesh <lukesh at seznam.cz>
wrote:

> But now I want to make some kind of portable, near OS independent
> (win/lin) compact zope solution. So I look for RDB with like "blackbox"
> functionality, with nothing special to make backups of running system
> (like make backup of Data.fs) and nothing to install when move - make
> backup copy of live system and then run it on another machine.
> Installations are allowed only in case of change OS platform.

If you don't want any moving parts: don't use a RDBMS but soley use the
ZODB (where the Data.fs is basically the only moving part). If you are
looking for a kindergarten-RDBMS: look at SQLite. All other enterprise-level
databases are of course more complex and require more maintenance..make
your choice..

-aj