[Zope] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 15:57:51 EDT 2009

Remember this:

http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/04/01/parrot.htm

Well, that lead to this:

http://www.parrot.org/

One of the reasons I got suckered into replying was that I thought this
might be the result of some stuff a few of us had talked about at the
Zope BOF at PyCon.

I actually think having a 4.0 release of Zope that unifies things could
be used to make things a lot clearer...

- Zope Framework 4.0

What Martijn has announced and is already being worked on extensively.

- Zope A 4.0

What was to be Zope 2.12

- Zope B 4.0

Whatever the next pending release of the Zope 3 appserver stuff was to
be. (Need to keep the Canonical and ZC guys happy afterall ;-) )

www.zope.org could then just be a radically cut down link portal to
a.zope.org, b.zope.org and framework.zope.org, which I'd imagine to be
brochurewear, download and/or KGS sites for each of the above.

I'd suggesting splitting the svn access stuff out to dev.zope.org
because it transcends all three.

docs.zope.org could hoover up the rest, with any remaining stuff being
humanely dispatched.

Seriously, how do people feel about this?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk