[Zope] [Zope-dev] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Apr 3 12:25:35 EDT 2009

Andrew Milton wrote:
> | >Plenty of people use it without plone. You might want to crawl out of
> | >the vacuum you live in.
> |
> | Yes, and I'm one of them, but I don't think it's fair to try and tempt
> | new users into it...
> |
> | I'm happy to be proven wrong by you writing lots of decent docs, picking
> | up maintenance of zope.org and LocalFS ;-)
>
> You're good at volunteering people to do work.

I'm not volunteering anyone, I'm saying that if you want to stick by
your position then you need to be the one to prove it's true.

> I already maintain a lot of code,

such as?

> and I have my own LocalFS-type code so I
> don't see the need to maintain a different one.

Then why not release this and advertise is as a maintained alternative
to LocalFS?

> would happily take it over, in the same way I've given my code over to
> other people to maintain.

You mean code you've stopped maintaining? ;-)

> As for docs, an army of people continually volunteer on #zope to update
> the zope book.

...and then don't follow through on it.

> Given my other contributions to Zope society,

> I'm happy to be a knowledge resource for anyone wanting to update the
> existing book / write a new freely available document.

A safe offer to make given the number of authors we have floating around ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk