[Zope] [Zope-dev] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 6 04:34:46 EDT 2009

Lennart Regebro wrote:
>>> 3. Grok moves over either to Zope.pipeline or repose.bfg as publisher in Grok 2.
>> Grok is Grok, Repoze is Repoze, lets leave them be and let them choose their own names...
>
> Grok and Repoze is not mutually exclusive.

For end users who pick one or the other, they are *are* mutually
exclusive in that the users won't necessarily know (or care) that the
other exists...

>> Bream 4 on top of Framework 4
>> Standard 4(which would include Framework 4)
>> Plone 4 on top of Standard 4
>> Repoze and Grok on top of Framework 4
>
> Yup. Sounds good to me.
>
> As usual, I don't think any decisions should be taken. This is just
> what I would like to see. People either do it or do not.

This last paragraph is a bit meaningless. Lack of action is what's got
us here in the first place. I'd like to see some consensus and then
action be taken...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk