[Zope] [Zope-dev] Zope 4.0, maybe not such a bad idea...

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Sat Apr 11 09:57:21 EDT 2009

Andrew Milton wrote:
> +-------[ Chris Withers ]----------------------
> | Andrew Milton wrote:
> | >My position is that plenty of people use Zope 2 without plone,
> |
> | Your position appeared to be that it's a good idea to tempt new users
> | into using "plain zope 2". I assert that it's not because zope.org is
> | dead, the docs have barely changed in 7 years and,
>
> So your position is, the code is fine, but, the docs suck so don't use
> it.

No, my position if much simpler than that: Zope 2 is dying/dead, and new
users shouldn't try and use it. Gmane's graph quite aptly demonstrates this:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.zope.general

You asserted that this is not the case, I invited you to prove this by
solving some of the problems that have come up for discussion. You have
refused to do so. I think that speaks volumes.

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk