[Zope] RIP Zope 2!

Christophe Tronche ch.tronche at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 13:40:59 EDT 2009

1) for the record, lapaye.fr is a (profitable) software editor that has been
building business applications on the top of Zope 2 for 5 years (payroll
software, not plone or whatever). We don't intend to switch to another
platform in the foreseeable future [we're zope2.9 right now]. Python
programmers aren't in short supply, and Zope can be taught to a Python
programmer in a few weeks if we need to do that by ourselves. If Zope 2
doesn't change much, that's perfectly fine with me (except that I want my
refresh back).

2) We never went to Zope 3 because nobody was able to demonstrate a
convincing advantage over zope 2

3) Chris, I'm not sure about your point. Nobody starts a new application in
COBOL nowadays, but it's one of the most solid area you can go for money,
and I'm pretty sure it'll be the same 25 years from now.

Regards.

PS: 4) we're happy with xlwt too !