[Zope] Fwd: Building a fast, scalable yet small Zope application

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Mon Apr 27 10:47:13 EDT 2009

Garito wrote:
> jajajajajajajajajajajajaja
>
> Amazing!
>
> I don't know how the other list doesn't collapse using reply-to field
> jajajajajajajajajajajajaja

I said "religious" because I meant that people have strong opinions
about which style they prefer, and are not going to change them because
others argue for the other style.  I didn't say (or imply) that those
who disagree with me are wrong / evil / stupid.  I *did* say that this
list is run according to the "no-munging" rules, and that it was a
deliberate choice, not subject to debate.

> What wonders me more is how belligerent some in this list are with this
> question

I don't see how my reply can be considered belligerent.  Patrick asked
"why doesn't the list munge 'Reply-To'?", and I replied with a link to
an explanation, along with a statement that arguing the question would
not be fruitful.

> You cause the problem,

If you had actually read the link I sent, you would have learned about
the problems caused by munging 'Reply-To'.  I have participated in
*lots* of mailing lists since the early nineties:  those which do munge
the header are more painful, and routinely have "oops, that was supposed
to be a private reply" messages show up.  The damage from such messages
is *much* higher than the occasional "forget to CC the list" stuff on
non-munging lists.  Again, this is *opinion,* shared by lots of mailing
list maangers / users, but certainly not by all.

> at least try to don't threaten us with ban us if we
> send you private messages by mistake

I don't know what you are talking about here:  I didn't threaten to ban
anybody.  I generally ask (politely) that people keep their replies
on-list, and assume that the occasional off-list reply is an honest
mistake.  I *have* set up filters (in my own mail processing) dropping
messages from a couple of users who persist in sending me private mail
after being asked to keep the traffic on the list.

> This kind of things are to don't take you seriously, sorry, but this cause a
> very bad impression of the people of this list

I'm sorry you feel that way.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com