[Zope] Building a fast, scalable yet small Zope application

Morten W. Petersen morten at nidelven-it.no
Mon Apr 27 18:06:12 EDT 2009

Hedley Roos skrev:
> I've followed this thread with interest since I have a Zope site with
> tens of millions of entries in BTrees. It scales well, but it requires
> many tricks to make it work.
>
> Roche Compaan wrote these great pieces on ZODB, Data.fs size and
> scalability at http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za/Members/roche/where-im-calling-from/catalog-indexes
> and http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za/Members/roche/where-im-calling-from/fat-doesnt-matter

Thanks for those links, interesting stuff.  :-)

> My own in-house product is similar to GoogleAnalytics. I have to use a
> cascading BTree structure (a btree of btrees of btrees) to handle the
> volume. This is because BTrees do slow down the more items they
> contain. This is not a ZODB limitation or flaw - it is just how they
> work.

Something like Google Analytics I'd be interested in too, it wasn't the
aim for this
thread but something that's been bobbing around in my head.  Is this
something
you're thinking of releasing or is it "too good/bad to share"?

-Morten

--
Morten W. Petersen
Manager