[Zope] how to prevent URL access to an external method?

Pedro LaWrench pedrolawrench at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 11:27:21 EDT 2009

I like this idea.  Is this a standard approach in the Zope world?  Surely this is a relatively common problem...at least it seems to me that the intention of external methods is to provide support routines with unrestricted python that are never meant to be called directly by users.  Or are external methods the wrong way to do this?