[Zope] Getting Zope code to output to event.log

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Wed Aug 5 15:45:28 EDT 2009

To debug my code in my Zope/Plone site, I sometimes need to put logger lines
into Zope/Plone code, in order to trace my way through an error traceback.

I can do this easily with Plone code in the Plone Products folder: Just put
in the logger line, restart Zope, run my tests, and the output appears in
the Zope event.log.  But when I try the same thing with native Zope code
(for example, in the OFS directory), the output doesn't show up in
event.log.

I figure these modules have to be reinstalled or re-somethinged to get my
changes activated, but I don't know how to do this.  Can you help?

~ TIA

~ Ken