[Zope] Zope and wxPython interface

Lumír Jasiok lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz
Thu Aug 13 05:18:11 EDT 2009

David Bear wrote:
> What do you gain by doing this?
>
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM, Lumir Jasiok <lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz
> <mailto:lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I need to write an application which will be based on MVC design and
>     will have both web interface and desktop GUI based on wxPython. It is
>     possible to write such an application as standard Zope app and use
>     zope.interfaces package for defining wxPython GUI as other view (I
>     hope
>     that it's called view, I am not sure - I am new in Zope
>     programming)? Or
>     am I totally wrong?
>
>     Best Regards
>
>     Lumir Jasiok
>
>     --
>     Lumír Jasiok
>     VSB-TU Ostrava - Computer centre
>     Tel: +420 59 732 3189
>     E-mail: lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz <mailto:lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz>
>     http://www.vsb.cz

I want to have an application with common code for both web and desktop
application, so data and business logic will be common and only thing
which will be different will be a view (web page or desktop application
GUI). So users will have choice what interface they want to use, data
will be same.

As programmer I want to have common code for business logic, because of
simplicity. I don't want to have two trunks, two business logics etc.

Lumir

 E-mail: lumir.jasiok at vsb.cz
 http://www.vsb.cz