[Zope] strange database read conflict error

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Fri Aug 28 09:44:19 EDT 2009

+-------[ Peter Bengtsson ]----------------------
| It's very very hard to reproduce. You have to have really good test
| coverage but even in running tests it's hard because of the fact that
| they're single threaded.
| If I were you I'd look into something some stresstesting tool and
| bombard your localhost till you find where it's causing most of the
| conflict errors.
| NB. Conflict errors aren't errors.

Conflict Errors ARE errors, unless of course you don't care about data
integrity, in which case probably nothing is an error.

Later versions (than 2.8) have fewer Read Conflict "problems"

Sean Hastings did a fairly good write up a number of years ago;

https://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2004-September/153704.html

Might be a bit dated now, but, might help put things into perspective.

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au