[Zope] Session bugs around CAS4PAS integration in Plone

David Bear David.Bear at asu.edu
Fri Dec 18 11:47:51 EST 2009

since this presents 2 questions -- I would like to ask more about the first
--

of all the CAS pluggins for zope and plone -- which one works best;-)
Actually, since we serve content both directly from Zope AND from plone, I

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 7:28 AM, Encolpe Degoute <
encolpe.degoute at quadra-informatique.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> These last months we have a random bug around CAS authentication.
>
> Preamble:
> CAS plugins are multiple but all are based on CAS4PAS :
>  - CAS4PAS
>  - Products.CAS4PAS
>  - collective.castle
>  - collective.cas4plone
>
> They all doing more or less the same job with different maintainers...
> They are all in the collective but outside
> http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/PASPlugins/
>
> Guys, can we try to work together ?
> If you only need rights to upload a release on pypi just ask them, don't
> start a fork.
>

> Our problem is user can obtain another session opened with CAS when the
> server is overloaded. It happens only one the first page loaded for a
> session and once the user get the session he keeps it  until is logout.
>
> There is no web cache and Zope serve pages directly to them.
> There is 4 threads and 5000 objects in session cache.
>
> We suspect a session cache bug but we don't know how to debug it as the
> bug comes randomly when the server is overloaded (more than 5 concurrent
> users).
>
> Any tips to build a test environment for this ?
>
> Regards,
> --
> int i;main(){for(;i["]<i;++i){--i;}"];read('-'-'-',i+++"hell\
> o, world!\\n",'/'/'/'));}read(j,i,p){write(j/p+p,i---j,i/i);}
>        -+- Dishonorable mention, Obfuscated C Code Contest, 1984
>            Author requested anonymity -+-

David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU
602-494-0424