[Zope] Change admin's password

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Thu Dec 31 11:17:46 EST 2009

Lennart Regebro, on 2009-12-30:
> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 19:45, iarly selbir | ski0s <iarlyy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> A bit I forgot mentions, my Zope is using relstorage to store all data on
>> MySQL
>
> Good. Then the answer I gave you from the start still is the correct one.

Yes, 'bin/instance adduser joe secret' should work fine, whether you
use zodb or relstorage.

Do note that you cannot use this to *change* a password of an existing
user.  If joe already exists, this command will do nothing and quit
silently.

With a bit of hacking you may be able to change that.  Look at the
do_adduser method in Zope2/Startup/zopectl.py

            Work | http://zestsoftware.nl/