[Zope] ZopeProfiler and Kcachegrind, how to convert statistics files ?

Jean-Michel FRANCOIS jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com
Tue Feb 3 09:36:34 EST 2009

Sebastien Douche a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 16:56, Jean-Michel FRANCOIS
> <jeanmichel.francois at makina-corpus.com> wrote:
>
>> Is someone has try to use ZopeProfiler with KCacheGrind ? I would like
>> to try KCachegrind because i found xdot very slow.
>>
>> I have started to read the code of ZopeProfiler and i have discovered
>> the world of profiling file format. It seems that ZopeProfiler save it's
>> file in pstats format. So i need to convert those file to calltree
>> format. But all scripts i have tryed has failed:
>>
>> * pyprof2calltree
>> * lsprofcalltree.py
>> * hotshot2calltree
>>
>> So am i on the wrong way ? Do i need to fix one of these script ? Are
>> you using on of them ?
>>

> Maybe try this?
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/profilestats/1.0

About those 10 lines of codes:
It use the 'with' keyword so it is not compatible with python2.4 & Zope2.9
It use pyprof2calltree to convert stats to calltree (kcachegrind)
It less flexible than ZopeProfiler (no configuration, no way to save
multiple stats (filename is hardcoded))
You must modify the code (it s a decorator)

So it's not help me in this case but thanks for pointing me out this
decorator, it can help me for other use cases

JeanMichel FRANCOIS
Makina-Corpus