[Zope] writing repozo messaging output to a file....

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Thu Feb 5 12:52:49 EST 2009

Le jeudi 05 février 2009 à 07:45 -0800, Stephan Richter a écrit :
> On Thursday 05 February 2009, michael nt milne wrote:
> > Ran the task and nothing was written to any of the files....?
>
> Just specify an absolute path then. You do not have to create the file; it is
> created for you. Mmh, maybe the output is written stderr, in which case this
> would not work, but I am pretty sure that unix shell has an answer for that
> too; just read up on it.

If messages are written to stderr instead of stdout, then you should
do :

  repozo.py [your params]    > /var/log/repozo.log 2>&1

to have all outputs into specified file.

If you only want to log errors, then :

  repozo.py [your params]    2> /var/log/repozo.log

With hope this helps,

  Thierry Florac
--
  Chef de projet intranet/internet
  Office National des Forêts - Département Informatique
  Mél : thierry.florac at onf.fr
  Tél. : +33 01.40.19.59.64
  Fax. : +33 01.40.19.59.85