[Zope] Trying to install Zope2-2.12.0b2 on Windows - Progess Report

martin.gfeller at comit.ch martin.gfeller at comit.ch
Thu Jul 16 09:58:02 EDT 2009

Dear all

I've managed to install it, largely thanks to the hint from Andreas Jung.

> I haven't got a C compiler installed - I assumed the purpose of the Zope Windows egg was that
> I wouldn't need to compile?

I found all the required packages on PyPI - but in two cases, the latest version didn't have a Windows egg.
I changed requires.txt for the two packages to require a specific version, which have a Windows egg.

This installed zope.security == 3.6.0 and zope.hookable == 3.4.0 without problems.

My Questions:

- Will the final Zope 2.12 egg have specific versions for its dependencies (otherwise, how do you
  get consistent installations)?

- Is there an option in SetupTools that ignores versions of packages which would need to compile? This
  could be very useful for Windows users, who are afraid to compile.

Otherwise, most things seem to run smoothly with Zope 2.12.0.b3 / Py 2.6 under Windows, apart
from a few changed imports in (legacy) Products such as GroupUserFolder.

Thanks again, and best regards,
Martin