[Zope] moving a zope install

Andrew Milton akm at theinternet.com.au
Thu Jul 30 07:51:35 EDT 2009

+-------[ Garry Saddington ]----------------------
| Before I investigate any further perhaps someone here may be able to
| save me a little time.
| Is it possible to move a zope installation from one directory to another
| and have zope.conf pick up the correct paths dynamically?
| I've looked at the zope on a cd but I want the db to be writeable.

Not sure what operating system you're using, but, if you're on a
unix-like system, you can use a UnionFS mount to overlay the CD with a
writable area. You can then either replace the zope.conf with your own
one or the Data.fs with a writable one. This assumes you want to run it
from the CD and not just copy it to a running Zope.

Alternatively you can construct a zope.conf that sets up clienthome
variable for the mountpoint with some "known" location (reference to
the tmpdir, or a known application area), before you write it to the CD

--
Andrew Milton
akm at theinternet.com.au